Cameroon (SNH) to host Data Rooms for upcoming Licensing Round
The Executive General Manager of National Hydrocarbons Corporation of Cameroon (SNH) invites interested parties to a presentation and data room for the promotion of five (05) open blocks in the Rio del Rey, Douala/Kribi-Campo and Mamfe basins, in the Cameroon Mining Domain.
The licensing round was launched on January 14th 2013, and the latest date for submission of proposals will be June 14th, 2013.
The show rooms are organised in collaboration with Fugro Robertson Limited, Fugro Data Solutions Limited and Dancy Dynamics Ltd, International Consultants in the domain of specialised services in data management.
The data rooms will be available in Houston from 22nd-24th April and London on 26th and 29th April. On the mornings of Monday 22nd and Friday 26th there will be an opportunity to hear presentations on the exploration opportunities, the contractual and fiscal terms, and the legal framework for upstream petroleum activities in Cameroon. Private data rooms will be available for a total of five (5) days, with the opportunity to view the large amount of data available during half-day sessions, and we will also have a private room for one-to-one meetings.
Houston Venue – 22nd-24th April: Marriott West Chase 2900 Briarpark Drive Houston TX 77042 United States
London Venue – 26th and 29th April: Institute of Directors 116 Pall Mall London SW1Y 5ED
Please contact Tracey Dancy email@example.com to arrange for your private viewing of the data in either Houston or London.
Licensing Round Terms of Reference
Terms of reference for the licensing of the Lungahe, Bomana and Dissoni exploration Blocks, in the Rio del Rey basin, Kombe-Nsepe block in the Douala/Kribi-Campo basin, and Manyu block in the Mamfe basin, Cameroon
I. Subject The National Hydrocarbons Corporation (SNH) announces for the attention of oil companies, the Licensing Round of the Lungahe, Bomana and Dissoni Exploration Blocks in the Rio del Rey basin, Kombe-Nsepe Block, in the Douala/Kribi-Campo Basin, and Manyu Block in the Mamfe basin. This Licensing Round is effective as from January 14th, 2013.
II. Context The purpose is to conclude a Production Sharing Contract (PSC) within the framework of the Cameroon Petroleum Code and its enabling acts, for the exploration, appraisal, development and exploitation of hydrocarbons within these five (05) blocks. The Lungahe, Bomana and Dissoni Exploration Blocks are situated within oil producing fields in the Rio del Rey Basin and have 3D seismic vintages, as well as some discoveries. These four blocks are in the Conventional Petroleum Operations Zones, as defined by the Petroleum Code. The Kombe-Nsepe Block is situated in the Douala/Kribi-Campo Basin and has 2D seismic vintages, as well as identified leads and some discoveries; but, it is covered by a forest game reserve. The Manyu Block is covered by forest and has neither seismic nor well data. These two blocks are qualified as “Special Petroleum Operations Zone” as defined by the Petroleum Code.
In accordance with the Petroleum Code, Lungahe, Bomana and Dissoni Exploration will be licensed for up to a three (03) years initial period, renewable twice, for two (2) years each, while Kombe-Nsepe will be licensed for up to a four (04) years initial period, renewable twice, for a period of two (2) years each and Manyu blocks will be licensed for up to a five (05) years initial period, renewable twice, for a period of two (2) years each.
III. Content of Proposals to be Submitted The content of the proposals to be submitted will include:
- Technical evaluation of the block;
- Work programmes and corresponding budgets for each exploration phase;
- Pertinent documentation on the company and/or operator’s organization and technical and financial capabilities including but not limited to:
- Certified balance-sheets for the past three (03) years;
- Names and experience of exploration and production staff as well as geoscience capabilities;
- Company portfolio in the oil industry, especially in similar environment in exploration and production;
- Company capabilities in environmental protection and decommissioning;
- Local content.
IV. Work Programme
- For Lungahe, Bomana and Dissoni Exploration Blocks: at least two (02) wells during the initial period of the Exploration Phase, including seismic data acquisition/processing/ reprocessing/interpretation and Geoscience studies;
- For Kombe-Nsepe and Manyu Blocks: at least one (01) exploration well during the initial period of the Exploration Phase, including seismic work and Geoscience studies.
V. Prequalification of Proposals
Law 99/013 of December 1999 instituting the Petroleum Code provides the conditions to be fulfilled by any company wishing to conclude a Petroleum Contract in Cameroon (Sections 2 and 7). The fulfilment of the said conditions, especially the technical and financial capabilities of the bidder, is a prerequisite for the consideration of submitted proposals. The State reserves the right to enter into negotiations with several companies at the same time on a block, after the evaluation of the proposals and notification of the results, with the objective of selecting the best proposal. The State, at its sole discretion, reserves also the right to accept or reject any proposal without assigning any reason, whatsoever. The legal terms constituting the Company or the Consortium will be considered before the evaluation of proposals.
VI. Evaluation of Proposals The following main criteria will be considered to evaluate the proposals:
- Presentation of offer (05 points)
- Technical evaluation of the block (30 points)
- Work programmes and corresponding budgets (40 points)
- Contractual and fiscal terms (20 points)
- Local content (05 points)
VII. Submission of Proposals
Proposals should be submitted at SNH’s Headquarters in Yaoundé in three (03) sealed originals at the following address:
- Société Nationale des Hydrocarbures (SNH) BP 955 Yaoundé – Cameroun Tel: (237) 22 20 19 10 / 22 20 98 64 Fax: (237) 22 20 98 69 / 22 20 46 51 ATTN.: Mr Adolphe Moudiki, Executive General Manager
The tenders should be clearly marked “Consultation for the Licensing of five (05) blocks in the Rio del Rey, Douala/Kribi-Campo and Mamfe Basins, Cameroon”.
VIII. Time-Scale for the Consultation
- January 14th, 2013 – June 13rd, 2013 : Data consultation and/or gathering and evaluation for all interested companies;
- June 14th, 2013, 12.00 noon : Latest date for submission of proposals;
- June 14th, 2013, 13.00 pm: Public opening of proposals in the presence of all bidding companies or their representatives;
- July 5th, 2013: Notification of results.